Who are we?
Formed as a venture start-up to push the boundaries of multi-disciplinary innovation, make X design is a synthesis of all design and engineering disciplines, producing bespoke solutions to your conceptual, physical, and virtual needs.
Our mission is to inspire, innovate and support you, bringing your ideas to life in the best way possible, on a budget you can afford.
Our team are specialists in their fields and work around the clock, collaborating and sharing their processes and ideas to form new creative solutions, using the latest cutting edge prototyping and manufacturing technologies, and dedicated software packages.
With our multi-disciplinary approach, we truly think outside the box and guarantee you a unique solution to your project.
How we work
We have 5 core stages in our process.
- We begin with a free initial consultation to discuss your needs, which usually takes around 5 - 15 minutes. Here we discuss your concept, your budget, and what your goals for the project are. We may also require the signing of an FDA if your project is particularly sensitive.
- Next we begin the design process suitable for your project. This can range from sketching, to computer visualization and modelling, and generally ties in with the next step.
- Modelling / Technical drawing generally comes next depending on the project / needs, and will be made according to your final chosen output. Different models may need to be created if you desire more than one output so please let us know in advance if possible.
- Making is our 4th step, which can include 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC machining, or traditional hand craft etc... We will choose the appropriate method depending on your results and budget.
- Finally, we hand over your completed project, ready to present to the world.
While we do offer a slight discount for the full 5 steps (it's easier to keep track of a whole project than to join it midway) we are happy to fulfill individual stages if you require only mockups, 3D models, or even the creation of objects you have already designed.
Projects are quoted, agreed and paid in advance, but we are happy to break this down into smaller payments at the end of each process.
If you have an idea but are not sure if we can fulfill your request, get in contact as we may have a specialist for you.
Jason Taylor studied his BA in IDEA's (Interior Design Environment Architectures) followed by an MSc in Applied technologies and rapid prototyping, while embarking on a successful career in design, prototyping and education.
Jason began his freelance work in 2011, working for the advertising and brand management firm 'Lovely Creative'. It was here that Jason began working with blue chip clients such as Sony, Wagamama, Nike etc...
In 2012 Jason became a Technical Tutor / Lecturer at Ravensbourne University, teaching 3D software to the Interior design and Architecture students, while also co-running one of the UK's largest university fab labs.
While working at Ravensbourne Jason continued to collaborate with industry professionals, working on projects for household names such as Richard Rogers, Andaz, Versace, etc... building a very successful client base, while also gaining valuable experience with the product design, fashion, animation and wearables pathways at the university, learning many new skills and processes that he found interchangeable between disciplines.
By the end of 2017, after 5 years of teaching, Jason committed to taking his freelance success full time, leaving his teaching position at Ravensbourne, to create a new venture. Make x Design.
Currently he is creating many prosthetic limbs with The Alternative Limb Project, a company dedicated to changing the perceptions of disability and the human form.